Gooseberry

Join us as we learn to listen, learn to love, and learn to follow. Jesus.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful Boy

The words to a John Lennon tune are rolling through my mind. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful boy. I gave birth to the first of two darling boys --seven years ago today! Did I say that? My first man-child. The prettiest "at-birth child". Ahem, most handsome. The easiest to parent. . .for the first year. . .then the most difficult (though others are giving him a run for his money) for the next three. Now, we've hit a stride and it is pure joy. The hardest (I think) to birth--let's see. Two days of five minute a part contractions, a military hospital, equipped with nurses in combat boots. That's no joke, ya'll. Funny later--not at the time. Military births. . . how to put it--uh, let's just say, I swore if I ever had to do it again--that way, I'd just give birth at home.
He is my promised child. My miracle birth and the story still gives me chills if I think about it. But its a long story and one for a post to itself. . .later.
My son, your Momma is flat-- so thankful that God would trust your life to us for these years 'til I don't know what to do. We are so much alike. We do life full on--out loud! And if our on isn't full--well, we are still LOUD! Your joy for life and enthusiasm make me want to think up new things for you to discover. You love Jesus well. When you decided to follow Him, after we discussed that you could still have a cool car and follow Jesus--you started "running the race" with all out abandon! Seeing a seven year old talk about loving God and Jesus "the most" makes me understand why Jesus loves children so much. You are my "bear hunter-- not butterfly catcher" (its a family story). My beautiful, beautiful, beautiful boy. I love you more than you will ever know.

Love,
Momma

No comments: