Gooseberry

Join us as we learn to listen, learn to love, and learn to follow. Jesus.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

God Reads Your Blog

Apparently, God reads blogs. I don't say that with a smirk, either--though it does bring a smile to my face. I guess if few others read your musings, it's nice to know the One that really matters is listening. In fact, if no one else ever read a word I wrote, yet God in His kindness condescended to listen and respond--that would thrill this heart!! Really!! I'm guessing you feel the same way. I'm even beginning to believe that it is true. The apostle Paul was convinced that He was not far from each of us, "for in Him we live and move and have our being" (Acts 17:28). That's a pretty strong thesis. And we might be a bit more inclined to believe it were it not for a world gone mad with noise. NOISE! In a world with DVD, CD, Blackberry, iPad, iPod, cellphone, telephone (I'm writing these to a sing-song tune) a life lived in God is hard to recognize. It is a reality, that much is true--but our recognition and realization of this truth seems to allude us. At least it does me. It reminds me of a plaque I read that went something like this, "We should practice silence and solitude, for the world shouts yet God whispers".

He is infinitely kind. And while I rarely have the opportunity to practice the amount of solitude that my soul needs, He often breaks through my angst to sooth the disquiet. My blog wonderings of late--He is kindly attending. And isn't it just like God--to speak to us the way we hear. For example, my husband "hears God" best when they commune with music. Others I know "hear Him" best outside admiring His creation. For me, give me words. The Word. Faithful to speak, He has brought books from every corner of the theological spectrum to bring me closer to Himself. I am so thankful. My soul relaxes and leans in. Love expands.

He knows your love language as well. Let your soul stir. . .then listen. . . He speaks.

Journeying with you,

Joy

No comments: